"I've escaped it, a life wasted/And I'm never going back again." - Pearl Jam, "Life Wasted"

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Next Year

- Can't sleep. Thought about the ending year. Some reflections (10 of them).

10. Sustaining my sports column throughout this year. Miraculous.

9. Still jamming. But I wish it could go somewhere fast.

8. Hitting the 3-0. I'm glad I still feel like 29.

7. KTV sleaze in Beijing. Dragged into it by my important acquaintance. Let's just say ladies from every Chinese province were lined up in front of me. Sigh.

6. Oasis concert. Power of rock still resonates. Almost passed out in the heat of the crowd.

5. Bob Dylan's "Modern Times". Lyrical aches.

4. Sydney Harbour. A$1 million for a house overlooking this beauty.

3. Great Wall during Beijing trip. 2nd time on the Wall, walked further than the first time. Cheered on by an old lady as I struggled with my weight.

2. Finally being comfortable and competent with my job. I have the skills to pay the bills.

1. Willing my team to FA Cup victory. Just before Stevie G hit his last-minute screamer from 35m out, I shouted "SHOOOOOOOT!!!!!" in front of all my colleagues. Apparently, Stevie heard me. I feel so important.

I wish next year will have a memorable moment with someone. I. care.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll admit I don't read your column or the rest of ST Sports, but you go man!!!

6:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home