"I've escaped it, a life wasted/And I'm never going back again." - Pearl Jam, "Life Wasted"

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

- Bought Green Day's "American Idiot". I'm not always a fan of their music, but this album has finally won me over. Not because of "Wake Me Up When September Ends", which is probably the best single released last year. It's the nine-minute gem "Jesus Of Suburbia" that did the trick. It's the type of "WTF?" moments that is so lacking in music today. Five mini-songs sewn into one long suite, plus some pissed-off lyrics, plus some great guitars.... we need some adventures like this song in our musical experiences.

- Q Magazine's album of the year...."X & Y" ??? Sheeesh.....it's got one, just one, classic song in "Fix You". That magazine is going down the shites....

- Dunno why, but I have a strange hatred for poodles.

- Where shall I go for my holidays? Esp when I receive my fat bonus...mwahahahaa...? I don't like the beaches, I wanna go to the mountains.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, u shld try to download the mashup album, American Edit by Dean Gray.
I daresay it's a freaking masterpiece; using source material from Johnny Cash to Dr Who audio clips. I'd say the original American Idiot is great too, cept I havent heard it. It'd probably be a letdown since I've heard this version.
Think it might not be available anymore, if u cannot find, i burn for u.

9:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home